Saturday, February 7, 2009

The birds and the bees...

So this semester one of my classes is all about maternity and pediatrics (I'm in love with it by the way).  The first few lectures have been about copulation if you catch my drift.  I've learned some interesting facts that I didn't know.  For instance, sperm can live in the fallopian tube for 4-5 days.  To this Casey says, "well it takes time to court an egg... you can't expect her to give it up on the first date!".  HA!  I thought that was clever!


These discussion have also reminded me of another funny story.  I used to date this guy... we'll call him Dill-hole... Anyways Dill-hole was the youngest of four kids.  He had two sisters. He was 26 when I was dating him.  One day we were hanging out watching the boob tube. Do you remember the Tampax commercial where the girl and guy are in the row boat and it springs a leak? She takes out a tampon and plugs the leak!  Really clever right? Well Dill freaks out! "Eww, eww!  That is so sick why do they even show this stuff! Gross!" I was floored!  "What are you taking about, " I asked. "I just thing the whole thing is gross. You girls and passing your eggs..." Yep. That's right.  Direct quote. The dude thought we like had this momentous egg passing once a month like, "oh! hold on! I gotta go 'pass my egg'"!  I'm not a freakin' hen!  What a dork!  I couldn't believe it.  I told him it's like microscopic and he didn't believe me.  Needless to say that relationship didn't last too long...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ba ha ha!!!!!! Ha ha ha!!! Are you kidding me? Ha ha!! Wait...hold on while I go pass my egg. I'll be back to add more comments when I'm done... Really? Really?!?

Karen said...

No kidding! What a hunk huh?