Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wishing for Wit

Sometimes I read other's blogs and think, "they're so witty" and then I start thinking about how lame my blog is. I really really hate the blogs that detail things such as what the writer had for breakfast or how cute their baby's eyes looked today. I also despise self-righteous rants and posts with zero personality. I like to think I try really hard to avoid such things in my postings however I wish that is was a little bit more unique and creative. I get great ideas from other's blogs and then can't use them because that's copying and how lame is that?

In case you were wondering this would be the perfect opportunity for all of you to tell me how great I am and how much you love my posts.

P.S I also hate posts that are trolling for compliments and praise, "geez you're so creative/crafty/spiritual/humble thanks for sharing that neat experience with me" (Thanks Foxy for opening my eyes to the many possibilities of the word "neat". I may be stealing it for a while.)

Dear blogging gods (if you're out there),

Grant me the ability to accept the wicked cool parts of my blog,

The courage to change the lame parts,

And the wisdom to know the difference. Tear.

8 comments:

Jules AF said...

Sometimes we're funny. Sometimes we're not. I HATE the not moments. And I try to think that even if nobody thinks a certain post is funny, I think it's funny, and I'm okay with that.

Karen said...

Really? Cause I love your blog! You are very witty! You may pass some of your creativity my way anytime! Keep up the good work.

Erin said...

Karen, I really do love your blogs and think they're witty. Really not just saying that. In fact, look at the last few lines of this post. Totally kick-ass. Neat.

Jules AF said...

I agree with Foxy.

Jeff and Erin said...

I too love looking at your blog...have you seen my blog? It really needs some help, I'm the lamest blogger ever! So keep up the good work!
Hope all is well with you guys. I wish we could have all gotten together while I was there :o( Next time!

Kitty Moore said...

Karen - I think you're great and I love your blog..(that is what I was supposed to say, right?)

Seriously though, I do love your blog because it's off the cuff and you're not trying really hard to be witty, cool, funny etc...because that never works.

So just keep doing what you're doing and being Karen.

Happy New Year!

Kitty x

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

I am late in responding to comments but thanks for your support guys! Tear!

Dear Boob Nazi,
I could be because you're reading my blog. Thanks for making my day! I think Boob, Foxy, and Sizzle Spanx need to meet one day. What a group that would be!

Karen,
Your blog inspires me to be a great mom if I ever produce offspring. You rock!

Foxy,
Thanks for using "neat" in reference to my blog!

Erin Jingles,
Your blog is not lame. I enjoy keeping up with you guys! Missed you on New Years! Your husband is such a good friend to help Casey get his sled out without dying. Thank him again for me.

Kitty,
A new reader? Nice to blog you! I started perusing yours after you left this comment and am also peeing that someone of your blog caliber is complimenting mine! (And yes this was a total fishing for compliments blog hahah). Thanks!