Thursday, November 5, 2009

The lament of the lazy

Some of my may recall a post I wrote this summer regarding recycling. A quick summer is that even though I feel recycling is very important... I could not manage to bring my self to make the trek across the yard and a parking lot to get to the blue dumpster in the dead of winter. My dreams of saving the earth had a premature end.

A new dilemma has arrived at 212 W 1305 S. Our dumpster is missing. Yes, you heard me right (or read me I suppose). Our dumpster is gone!!! We are fortunate enough (that's right I said fortunate) to have a dumpster five steps from our front door! As unattractive and undesirable as it may sound, knowing me you know that saving a few steps is high up on my agenda. Whether it be carrying every last bag of groceries from the car at one time until the handles are slicing apart my arms, or giving up on recycling cause walking the length of a soccer field two times a week to through it away is just too much.

So I am very sad to report that yesterday afternoon our dumpster went M.I.A. Now I have to use the dumpster on the other side of the parking lot. I am devastated.

See that block of cement past the tree next to that building? This is where the dumpster should be. I am standing on the porch taking this picture so as you can see... very convenient.


From the dumpster pad to my door.


This is from my dumpster pad to the other dumpster. What a trek huh? :)

1 comments:

Veronica and TJ said...

I am glad it wasn't ours but I am sorry it was yours:)