Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oh to be old and senile!

I work as an nursing assistant on the rehab wing at Sunshine Terrace. There is a board on the wing I work on where people write funny things the residents say from time to time. Here are some of my favorites:

"It's raining pitchforks and wagon wheels out there!"

"I'll have to go out to the curb with the birds and eat soggy worms!"

"You know, if I don't get into that bathroom right now those possums aren't going to be very happy. "

"Hey honey... you feeling lucky tonight? I'll have you know I'm a dream machine!"

Me: "Are you trying to give me a kiss?!"
Old guy: "Yes!" sheepish smile
Me: "I don't think my husband would like that very much!"
Old guy: "He doesn't have to know!"

3 comments:

Erin said...

"You know, if I don't get into that bathroom right now those possums aren't going to be very happy. "

Hmm...I'm not quite sure what that person was referring to when they mentioned "possums" and bathroom in the same sentence...and as much as I'd like to finish my awkward thought, I'll just leave it at that!

Sierra said...

Old people can say and do anything and get away with it.... Trace says he can't wait until he's old and can be perverted and swear all he wants :-)

Leigh said...

I used to work at an Alzheimer's clinic when I was in grad school. One of my favorite ladies was giving me functions for common objects. I showed her a picture of scissors and she told me, "Scissors, scissors are for stabbing." I was a little nervous working with her after that!