Monday, June 22, 2009

Bum bum bum bum bum bum...

In case you couldn't tell that's the Rocky theme song. I know right? Pretty much felt like the biggest champ ever this weekend! I finished my first triathlon! "Woot. Woot." (haha)



I'm trying to get pumped for my first taste of GU.


Yep, just as I suspected.



Check out those numbers huh? I felt pretty legit. Brenda pointed out that it's too bad I wasn't the next person in line to sign up. Dang.





I'm off to save Gotham...



Casey came out to support us. It was sooo good to have someone there to cheer us on! He wanted to do it but decided it the week before. He hadn't trained at all and I thought it would be a good thing if he didn't drown. He's going to do the Bear Lake Brawl with me in September though!



Haha, mount... ha



Water was 60 degrees... that'll wake you up.



We're off!



The first transition...






What a dork! The is the last stretch! I'm like 50 feet from the finish line. The announcer had all the names so when I got there she said, "Here comes Karen." And everyone cheered. Pretty much amazing.





I was pretty much on a high at this point. Giddy would be a great word to describe it. So freaking fun! Can't wait for the next one! Who's with me? (Foxy...)

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's AWESOME!!! Good for you! I didn't even know you were doing this! Keep up the good work :)

Becca said...

YAY!!!! It was the best time. You did a great job Karen, and training would have sucked without you!

sherbugs said...

Congratulations! You look awesome and hope you had a great time. Just need to say you will never see this enormous belly in a wet suit, so you're on your own for a while :)

Chelsi Lasater said...

that's awesome!! good job, girlie!

Nicole Burton said...

I am envious! I wish I was in shape enough to even attempt what you did! Way to go! I can barely bend down to get the laundry out of the dryer without my knee aching. CONGRATS! Great accomplishment! Hey, I am working in Logan currently on 1400 N in a GI Docs office... we should try to get together sometime soon.

Swede said...

SODA POP!! CONGRATS ON FINISHING.. THAT'S AWESOME